Vitamin B12 deficiency Charity Support Group
The B12 Deficiency Support Group (B12d, for short) is a charity. Our aims are to:
- Raise awareness of this condition amongst doctors and the general public, so that people can be diagnosed appropriately.
- Explain the signs and symptoms that a doctor or person who is diagnosing themselves should look out for, and how to make sure that you reach the right diagnosis and don't confuse B12 deficiency with something else.
- Ensure treatment is tailored to the needs of the patient, and where possible, make treatment available free at the point of need.
We rely entirely on donations. NHS will fund B12 for some patients - directly via your doctor. We show here and in our audits that a much wider range of conditions can beneficially be treated with Vitamin B12 replacement therapy.
Please note that we are no longer able to accept requests for B12 for injection. Since B12d advises about symptoms, it is considered a Prescription only Medicine if we are involved in supplying it. There are other organisations who supply vitamin mixes as "pick me up" who are not subject to this restriction
Lastly, please can you help us. 1) use the calculator to check your symptoms 2) if you need advice, send an email to email@example.com 3) please donate.
Finding your way around the web site
- You might start with What is B12d?, and what causes deficiency.
- Look at some patient testimonials and television documentaries on the subject - you may recognise your own symptoms.
- Take the B12 deficiency calculator (big grey button, right), then take the results and the protocol to your GP to discuss.
- Check out the Blogs at the bottom - that's where we put news
- If you want to understand how cost-effective B12 replacement therapy is, then this might be a good place.
- You will also find the most recent updates and news below.